[icebtac] Re: New Journal: Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research

  • From: "Janet Reynolds" <JReynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icebtac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:43:11 +1300

Thanks Robert for the link, looks interesting.

This list has indeed been very quiet on the tactile front. Here at RNZFB we are
doing an experiment with a chapter from a Maths book on vectors. We are sending
the student three versions of the diagrams, one done by the thermoform process,
one using the Tiger embosser and the third on swell paper. The student and her
supporting teacher are happy to give us feedback and we are hoping the results
will help us decide future directions for our tactile production methods.

Janet Reynolds
Manager Braille and Electronic Text
Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind
Te Tuāpāpā o te Hunga Kāpō o Aotearoa
Private Bag 99941 Newmarket 1149

Direct Dial: 09 355 6937
www.rnzfb.org.nz <http://www.rnzfb.org.nz/>