[icebtac] Looking for research: Are there studies supporting the use of tactile graphics and models?

  • From: "Robert Jaquiss" <rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icebtac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:56:18 -0600

Texas School for the Blind TG Resources pageHello List:
     I am looking for research that addresses the effectiveness of tactile
graphics and three dimensional models as educational materials. Of course I
believe
that tactile graphics and models are valuable, but has their usefulness
actually been studied? I have been searching with Google, and so far, haven't
found
usable information. Thank you.
Regards,
Robert Jaquiss, Executive Director