[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 02 Aug 2011 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: Mike LaBonte <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:07:18 -0400

Minutes from the 02 Aug 2011 ibis-quality meeting are attached.

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11:00-12:00 EST (08:00-09:00 PST)

ROLL CALL

Cisco Systems:                * Mike LaBonte
Ericsson:                       Anders Ekholm
Green Streak Programs:          Lynne Green
Huawei Technologies:            Guan Tao
IBM:                            Bruce Archambeault
                              * Greg Edlund
IOMethodology:                  Lance Wang
Mentor Graphics:                John Angulo
Micron Technology:            * Moshiul Haque,
                                Randy Wolff
Nokia Siemens Networks:       * Eckhard Lenski
Signal Consulting Group:        Tim Coyle
Teraspeed Consulting Group:   * Bob Ross
Texas Instruments:              Pavani Jella

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for opens and IBIS related patent disclosures:

- Mike: My position at Cisco has been eliminated
  -
- Bob: The webmaster and postmaster posit
  - Greg: Might be able to use IBM web conferencing
- Bob:

- Mike: Minutes from the last meeting were sent out incomplete.
  - Will be fixed up and resent.

Greg; Would like to discuss IQ checklist

AR Review:

- Mike post QUAIL 2
  - Done

- Mike suggest QUAIL process at open forum
  - Next open forum meeting is Aug 5

- Bob collect links to interconnect proposal documents for next meeting
  - Done

- Bob conduct tests of parser behavior for test keywords
  - No tests yet

New items:

AMI Checklist:
- Greg: Opal documents form the beginnings of an AMI model checklist
  - One document is related to BIRDs that are in play now
  - Another is about general quality issues found by customers
- Mike: There was a summit presentation on Opal
- Bob: There is a TechAmerica issue
  - They consider it a private document

AR: Greg prepare docs to review Opal proposals related to AMI quality

- Bob: MCP is comment oriented
- Mike: We could still look at it to get ideas

Mike showed summit presentation muranyi.pdf
- Slide 5
  - Bob: Arpad proposed modifying existing keywords
  - Mike: This is about exactly identifying where nodes lie for A_pcref, etc.
- Slide 6
  - Mike: This looks like things we have been looking at
- Slide 9
  - Bob: This has true subckt calls
  - Mike: It bridges named ports to positional subckt terminals
  - Bob: Corner is already defined

Mike showed katz1.pdf
- Slide 5
  - Mike: Uses ISS_Package is used under 2 keywords
  - Bob: That would break IBIS
  - Mike: Model is used many times, not sure what ISS_Package does there
- Slide 6
  - Mike: The dot syntax is reverse of what we do
  - Eckhard: This one has DieP and PadP
  - Mike: Where is the Die?
  - Bob: It may be the buffer stimulus
- Slide 7
  - Mike: The buffer as a whole is being modeled with Touchstone
    - This would not work for I/O models

Mike showed wldai.pdf
- Slide 11
  - Bob: This does not have enough detail to understand it well

Next meetings:
- Next meetings Aug 9 and Aug 16

Aug 9 agenda:
- External Test