[ibis-quality] An observation on the 2.0 spec.

  • From: Anders Ekholm <anders.ekholm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:58:32 +0100

Sections 5.3.8 & 5.2.9 [Pulldown] and [Pullup] IV tables pass through zero/zero

In the text it says that typ. Min,max should all pass through approximately 0mA
at the 0 Volt point.
But we did not specify what we mean by approximately, maybe we should have ?

5%, 1%, 0.1%, 0.01% of which current ? The average current step in the table ?
The minimum current step in the table?
Maybe that's why we did not specify it, because it was unclear what to relate
it too.

It does seem a bit imprecise as it is and if anyone is trying to automate a
quality checker, they will have to make a decision and since it is not
specified in the
Quality spec different quality checkers will make different decisions on what
approximately means.

Any comments?

Best /Anders

ANDERS EKHOLM M.Sc.E.E
Expert Signal Integrity & Timing Analysis

Ericsson AB
FJB/DBA
Färögatan 6
Stockholm, Sweden
Phone +46107142758
Fax +46107172340
SMS/MMS +46709861707
anders.ekholm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ericsson.com

This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis
of the terms set out at
www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer<http://www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer>

JPEG image

JPEG image