[ibis-macro] Re: What part of Legacy IBIS is used by IBIS-AMI

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dan.dvorscak@xxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:44:54 -0400 (EDT)

Dan,

The Tx model writer assumes that the impulse response input is the impulse
response of the channel including the Tx and Rx analog model. As long as
the model does not change its equalization based on the impulse response
of the channel then the EDA tool can use the AMI_Init function to
determine the Ideal impulse response of the model. Currently, one would
need to read the documentation that comes with the model to determine if
the model AMI_Init will change its equalization based on the impulse
response input to the model.

One could propose a new Reserved Parameter (e.g.
Disable_AMI_Init_Optimization) that when True, would force the AMI_Init
function to determine the equalization of the models without regard to the
impulse response inout to the AMI_Init function. In this case, the output
impulse response of AMI_Init will be an impulse response strictly based on
the configuration (e.g. peaking filter selection, tap coefficients) that
are input to the AMI_Init function.

Walter

From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>