[ibis-macro] Please keep in touch

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff \(twesterh\)" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:59:28 -0400

Hi,

I'm writing to let you know that I will be leaving Cisco on Oct 6th.

It was almost exactly six years ago I left Cadence Design Systems to
join a Billerica startup called Hammerhead Networks.  If everything went
according to plan, we hoped that Hammerhead would be part of Cisco
someday.  The ride from Cadence to Hammerhead to Cisco has been more
exciting, more remarkable and more rewarding than anything I could have
imagined.  In the past six years, I've learned more than I could have
hoped for and had the privilege of leading one of the best signal
integrity groups in the business.  I've been involved in literally
dozens of fascinating projects and have had the opportunity to help
define tools and processes Cisco uses to approach high speed design.

One of the aspects of my job I've especially enjoyed has been working
closely with EDA vendors and component suppliers to optimize design
tools and data for Cisco's use.  We've been quite successful in working
with several of our key suppliers, and I believe that these efforts have
benefited the broader industry as well.

SiSoft recently offered me the opportunity to help drive the future
direction of their Quantum-SI product line, and that proved to be
something I couldn't pass up.  I like the way SiSoft mixes strong
consulting services with EDA software development.  The decision to
leave Cisco was especially tough - but, in the end, I realized I wanted
to see what I could contribute to SiSoft.

Thanks for helping make my last six years so "tremendously
unbelievable".  I'll be around for the next two weeks, so please feel
free to drop me a line or call.  If you'd like to reach me after Oct
6th, I have every reason to believe my new email address will be:

twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again,

Todd.

P.S.  I tried to make a complete list of who should get this note, but
the list ended up so long that I'm sure I've omitted people
inadvertently.  My apologies to anyone I omitted.

Todd Westerhoff
High Speed Design Group Manager
Cisco Systems
1414 Massachusetts Ave
Boxboro, MA   01719
email:twesterh@xxxxxxxxx
ph: 978-936-2149
"Always do right.
 This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain