[ibis-macro] Re: Parameter Naming Rules BIRD

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:42:57 +0000

Walter,

I think this is a good idea.  For reserved parameters
I think we will need to do something you are suggesting,
but for Model Specific parameters I am not sure we can
or should.  The name of the parameter in that case should
be left to the model maker, not the spec.  The best we
can or should do for Model Specific parameter names is a
general rule on what characters are prohibited, for example
"-", and what characters can't be used in the first position
of the parameter name.  I don't think we should get into
the business of defining naming conventions, such as what
you are suggesting for the tap names.