[ibis-macro] Minutes from the 7 Jul 2009 ibis-atm meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:05:20 -0400

Minutes from the 7 Jul 2009 ibis-atm meeting are attached.

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
  Anders Ekholm, Ericsson
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
  David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Eric Brock
  Guan Tao, Huawei Technologies
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  Huang Chunxing, Huawei Technologies
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Kevin Fisher
  Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
  Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
* Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Muniswarareddy Vorugu, ARM Ltd
* Pavani Jella, TI
  Peter LaFlamme
  Randy Wolff, Micron Technology
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
  Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama
  Liqun, Huawei

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- Mike fix font and reference issues in IQ specification identified by Anders
  - This is mostly done
  - Mike needs to check the PDF output, which shows font discrepancies
    more clearly

New items:

Some members had trouble joining the call:
- The bridge was setup to call participants instead of them calling in
- A login was the only option on the meeting web page
- Some people figured out how to get in using a different web page
- We will switch back to the previous method for future meetings

Mike showed a presentation given to Motorola Tuesday June 30 on IBIS Quality:
- Bob: I could use this for a quality report at an upcoming summit
- Mike: The last slide is about having JEDEC produce example IBIS files
- Bob: JEDEC uses different terminology than IBIS
  - Sometimes the same terminology has different meanings
- Mike: Many IBIS keywords are in response to JEDEC
- Moshiul: Interpretation is a problem
  - Having JEDEC develop example IBIS would help
- Mike: D. C. Sessions was the IBIS liaison to JEDEC at one time
  - Bob: Randy Wolff may be active in JEDEC

AR: Mike post presentation to web

Mike: Tim Coyle may be interested in joining us for work on correlation
- He is the developer of an IBIS model tool
- Roy Leventhal and David Banas took the lead for us on correlation at one
  time, but they are no longer active

Continued editorial review of the IQ 1.1 specification:

5.1.3.  {LEVEL 2}  [Temperature Range] is reasonable
- Mike: This is a dangling phrase:
  "For CMOS versus Bipolar, switching speed and strength "
- Bob: We should drop "switching speed and strength"
  - This is about correlation temperature to corners
- We clarified this check

Meeting ended at 12:07 PM Eastern Time.