[ibis-macro] Jitter BIRD123.3_draft5 Comments

  • From: "Bob Ross" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:35:19 -0800

All:

Mostly editing comments:

(1)  "Tx_Sj_frequency" should be have an upper-case "F",
and the example Type should be Float:

"Tx_Sj_frequency" is an AMI parameter of Type Float and Usage Info
which defines the frequency, in Hertz, of the sinusoidal
jitter at the transmitter.

Example:

      (Tx_Sj_Frequency (Usage Info)(Corner 6.5E7 6.5E7 6.5E7)(Type UI)
         (Description "Tx Sinusoidal Jitter Frequency in Hz.")
)

(2)  Each of the new parameters need to have the
allowed Format sentence, as in Version 5.0 jitter
parameters or as in Tx_DCD in this draft BIRD

-----

Attached is a Table summarizing the rules for
the jitter, noise and sensitivity parameters for
information only.  The tables illustrates comment (1),
and assumes the undocumented Format choices of
Value, Range, and Corner per comment (2).

-----

Question: Per the implied parameter dependency note:

Note: If Tx_Sj_Frequency is not assigned (either in the
model or by the user), Tx_Sj should be ignored.

How would you know if the Tx_Sj_Frequency has been
assigned by the (executable) model if the Tx_Sj_Frequency
is Usage Info, and not entered in the .ami file?

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group, LCC

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

|                               +------------------------+-------------------+
|                               |  General     Rules     |   Allowed Usage   |
| ============================================================================
| | Reserved Parameter          | Required   Default     | Info In Out InOut |
| +-----------------------------+------------------------+-------------------+
| | Tx_Jitter (1)               |    No     No Jitter    |  X       X        |
| | Tx_Dj                       |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Tx_Rj                       |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Tx_Sj                       |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Tx_DCD (1)                  |    No         0        |  X      (2)       |
| | Tx_Sj_Frequency             |    No     Undefined    |  X                |
| | Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity (1) |    No         0        |  X       X        |
| | Rx_Clock_PDF (1)            |    No   Clock Centered |  X       X        |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Mean      |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Dj        |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Rj        |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj        |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_DCD       |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Dj                       |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Rj                       |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Sj                       |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_DCD                      |    No         0        |  X                |
| | Rx_Noise                    |    No         0        |  X       X        |
| +-----------------------------+------------------------+-------------------+
|
| Table 1: General Rules and Allowed Usage for Reserved Parameters
|          (1) Available for IBIS Versions 5.0 and 5.1
|          (2) Usage Out permitted in IBIS Versions 5.0 and 5.1
|
|                               +-------------------------------------------+
|                               |                 Data Type                 |
| ===========================================================================
| | Reserved Parameter          | Float |  UI  | Integer | String | Boolean |
| +-----------------------------+-------+------+---------+--------+---------+
| | Tx_Jitter (1)               |   X      X                                |
| | Tx_Dj                       |   X      X                                |
| | Tx_Rj                       |   X      X                                |
| | Tx_Sj                       |   X      X                                |
| | Tx_DCD (1)                  |   X      X                                |
| | Tx_Sj_Frequency             |   X                                       |
| | Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity (1) |   X                                       |
| | Rx_Clock_PDF (1)            |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Recovery_Mean            |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Dj        |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Rj        |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj        |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_DCD       |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Dj                       |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Rj                       |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Sj                       |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_DCD                      |   X      X                                |
| | Rx_Noise                    |   X                                       |
| +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
|
| Table 2: Allowed Data Types for Reserved Parameters
|          (1) Available for IBIS Versions 5.0 and 5.1
|

|                               +---------------------------------------+
|                               |              Data Format              |
| =======================================================================
| | Reserved Parameter          | V | R | C | L | I | S | G | D | D | T |
| |                             | a | a | o | i | n | t | a | u | j | a |
| |                             | l | n | r | s | c | e | u | a | R | b |
| |                             | u | g | n | t | r | p | s | l | j | l |
|*|                             | e | e | e |   | e | s | s | - |   | e |
|*|                             |   |   | r |   | m |   | i | D |   |   |
|*|                             |   |   |   |   | e |   | a | i |   |   |
|*|                             |   |   |   |   | n |   | n | r |   |   |
|*|                             |   |   |   |   | t |   |   | a |   |   |
|*|                             |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | c |   |   |
| +-----------------------------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
| | Tx_Jitter (1)               |                         X   X   X   X |
| | Tx_Dj                       | X   X   X                             |
| | Tx_Rj                       | X   X   X                             |
| | Tx_Sj                       | X   X   X                             |
| | Tx_DCD (1)                  | X   X   X                             |
| | Tx_Sj_Frequency             | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity (1) | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Clock_PDF (1)            |                         X   X   X   X |
| | Rx_Recovery_Mean            | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Dj        | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Rj        | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj        | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Clock_Recovery_DCD       | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Dj                       | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Rj                       | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Sj                       | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_DCD                      | X   X   X                             |
| | Rx_Noise                    | X   X   X                             |