[ibis-macro] ICM and EMD

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:04:20 -0400

All,

These last several months has been a learning experience for me as it
relates to using ICM for connectors, packages, cables, and modules.

There are real differences in modeling requirements for >5GHz (SerDes),
>500MegHz (DDR3), and the mundane <100MegHz.

There are time domain and frequency domain simulators.

I decided to try to redirect the discussion we have been having about
package modeling by putting together a relatively simple example, and
showing how it might be represented in ICM, and how it might be represented
in EMD.

The long view of EMD is not so much the format in which the data is
represented, but what ?questions? an EDA tool can ask the model.\

Time permitting, I am prepared to review this document in today?s meeting.