[ibis-editorial] Re: Is Labels defined anywhere in this spec?

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:55:19 -0400 (EDT)

Arpad,

The purpose of (Labels is to give a name to each column of the Table. It
is just for documentation. The EDA tool can present the Table to the user
in a spreadsheet format for information to the user.

I will offer a BIRD for IBIS 6.0 to also allow (Labels for parameters of
format List. Again to document each of the values in the List. The text of
the BIRD is quite simple "The leaf Labels is optionally allowed when a
parameter has a format List.  The number of items in Labels  must equal to
number of items in the List. For example:

(My_Corner (Type Integer) (Usage In) (Description "This model supports
fine process corners")

(List -2 -1 0 1 2)

(Labels "Extremely Slow" "Slow" "Typical"  "Fast" "Extremely Fast")

)

In this example, the parameter My_Corner has 5 integer values, and is
passed into the DLL. The EDA tool can let the User choose an integer from
-2 to 2, or can display a selection widget with the values "Extremely
Slow", "Slow", "Typical",  "Fast" and "Extremely Fast". Similarly when
displaying results to a User the EDA tool can display the values -2 to 2,
or the names "Extremely Slow", "Slow", "Typical",  "Fast" and "Extremely
Fast".

This is clearly an enhancement, and therefor was not submitted as a BIRD
against 5.0.

Walter