[hybrid.circuits] Re: 5 users

  • From: "T.L. Dlouhy" <tdcad@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hybrid.circuits@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:23:13 -0700

From talking with companies that do hybrid design and are looking for
EDA software, they are becoming quite busy, but are not yet ready to
step up to the plate and hire more designers.

I have about ten years experience with thick film and thin film hybrid
designs and have been exposed heavily to LTCC with cavities. In
addition, I have over 23 years of PCB design experience, mainly in RF
and analog, but have done multi-layer digital boards.

Working for my present employer, an EDA software company, one of my many
duties is to cover technical support. It amazes me sometimes the circuit
designs that are sent in for last minute trouble shooting have been
deemed acceptable for manufacture. I don't mean to sound cynical, but I
cringe when I see some of the design practices that are used. Does this
mean I still haven't lost my touch?

Tom Dlouhy, C.I.D.