[huskerlug]

  • From: "Saravanan" <saravana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:20:21 -0600

Hi,

        I am unalbe to configure my X Windows. Right from the installation it
did
not work. I tried both Xconfigurator and xf86config. When I run
Xconfigurator, the probe fails reporting it could not detect the amount of
RAM on the display card. But specifying it as 16 MB doesnt help either.
Could someone help me troubleshoot ?

        Here is the spec :

        Display Adapter         : ATI Rage 128 PRO / 16 MB RAM
        Linux Ver               : Red Hat 7.1
        M/c                     : P III 1 .0 GHz / 256 MB / 20 GB HDD / DELL
1025 HTX Monitor

Thanks for your time,
-Raju