[huskerlug] Re: YouTube - Beryl

  • From: GreyGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:41:51 -0600

At work I run a Dell Optiplex GX260 with a Dell M992 monitor
I installed SimplyMEPIS-32 6.5 beta5.  It detected and configured
everything automatically, including accelerated video.
I used Synaptic to install Beryl.
It worked perfectly.
So, I have BOTH accelerated video and Beryl on my work station.

On my personal Gateway m675prr laptop I must chose between accelerated
3D or Beryl.
Beryl won't work with my ATI 9700 chip if I use the fglrx driver.
I must use the radeon driver, which doesn't support accelerated video.
I'm going with the accelerated video.
===
GreyGeek

--