[huskerlug] Re: Speaking of Knoppix and things related....

a FEW things:

1) always do an 'updatedb' AFTER you apt-get update/
upgrade/autoclean

2) Goto the nVidia website and get the latest 'driver'
files for your card!

3)Knoppix installs Debian 'testing' and everything is
usually on the 'bleeding edge'

4) I have been gathering MP3's with Limewire, on my
Debian box, and find that when the hard drive gets
more than 95% full, because the 'shared folder'
has a lot of songs, albums, that Kmail will crash...
I have several hard drives, and simply move all of the
shared folder items over to free up my /user/shared
space

5)  About to build a Beowulf in a single box,
consisting of four (4) 433 mainboards, and one 466mhz
mainboard, with one switch hub, somewhat like the
Humidor Beowulf:
http://www.slipperyskip.com/page2.html

although, you can run several virtual Linux instances,
in shells(?) with a kernel patch,  like this:

snipped for brevity! ______________________--

=====
--

P. Berry, USAF (Retired) http://www.af.mil  http://safeharbordome.com