[huskerlug] Re: Security Fix - Microsoft Update Quietly Installs Firefox Extension

  • From: adunlop <techworld.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:24:31 -0500

The layout of it is pretty scatterbrained, but they've been locked
into that format for compatibilities sake for quite a while.
Proprietary *nix apps store their config files in /etc and I've had
license config files installed there.  Even if that wasn't the case
though, the registry is simply a place to store settings for software/
hardware.  I suppose it'd be a mix of /etc and /dev along with a few
other fhs points.