[huskerlug] Re: Reduce your Linux memory footprint

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:35:41 -0600

The author stuck with KDE because he liked it, however, I understand there
would be another benefit to KDE is because it is less memory hungry than Gnome.
There are lighter desktops than either of these, but then KDE may give some
resources that a user might want to have.

Yeah, I liked reading the article.  The idea of buying more RAMBUS RAM
doesn't appeal to me for Dell Dimension.  Knoppix seems to be aimed at
RAM management better than many other distros, so it would be something
to look at--when the civil war :'( in Debian gets over.  ---Jim