[huskerlug] Rapid SuperComputers

  • From: "Jeff Ives" <jives2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:13:58 -0500

http://www.flashmobcomputing.org/

"Just what is Flash Mob Computing and FlashMob I?
A Flash Mob supercomputer is hundreds or even thousands of computers
connected together via a LAN working together as a single supercomputer. A
Flash Mob computer, unlike an ordinary cluster, is temporary and organized
on-the-fly for the purpose of working on a single problem. Flash Mob I is
the first of its kind. By bringing hundreds of people like you together in
one room, we will have enough computing power to become one of the fastest
supercomputers on the planet."

Jeff Ives
EE-Shop
University of Nebraska-Lincoln