[huskerlug] Re: PCLinuxOS

  • From: Patrick <pberry26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

I run Kubuntu5.04 and 5.10, Suse10.x, DSL, Debian
Sarge, Whax3.0, Knoppix3.4 (has some tools, now
dropped in Knoppix!), Knoppix 3.9 and 4.0.2, (all on
10 computers); OS X, OS9 (on my 3 MACs), and, a dual
boot P92 and XP Pro system, and I prefer to hand out
PCLinuxOS-p92 Livecds.

I like the PClinuxOS because it is as accomplished in
the graphics it uses, and has the level of multimedia
ease-of-use, close to Suse performance.  I hand it out
to all my noobs.  It is based upon Mandriva, and the
major person responsible, TexStar, worked for
Mandriva.

You can simply get almost any Linux application, very
easily, by listing it in Synaptic, and committing to
the download!  I change repositories by simply editing
the mirror list!  Thus, I change available
applications!

Really, quite simple! Install a copy and play with it!

--
P. Berry, USAF (Retired) http://www.af.mil  Linux User #65411
http://lugww.counter.li.org  http://knopper.net/knoppix http://distrowatch.com