[huskerlug] Re: Mepis vs SuSE

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 20:47, Eric Penne wrote:
> The guys at The Linux Link Tech show were talking about Kanotix and how it
> is completely compatible with Debian.  Starting as a Live-CD it has a very
> easy install to the hard drive.

I've tested Kanotix 3.2 (IIRC) as a Live-CD and it is very nice.  The desktop
background image is nice, too.  :-)    Essentially, it is Knoppix with the
rough edges removed, but because of that it is always one version behind
Knoppix.  However, apps tend to be more stable, multimedia works better,
etc...., all the traits that drew me to MEPIS.

----
Husker Linux Users Group mailing list
with a subject of UNSUBSCRIBE