[huskerlug] Re: Meeting

  • From: "Gary Kearney" <gkearney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HLUG Husker Linux Users Group" <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:28:29 -0600

Maybe I don't understand the Fedora project, but it sounds as if it is supp=
osed to be bleeding edge stuff not stable. I'm interested in stable. I real=
ize that RH has to make money, and I'm willing to pay when I see that their=
 service is what I want. That's what I was intending to do. I think they co=
uld offer some support for the desktop without destroying their other busin=
ess. I just think that they should think more about where they came from or=
 they will become marginalized just as other people who focused completely =
on the business environment have been. Look at OS2.

Saying RH is like Micro$oft is a gross overstatement of course, but I'm not=
 at all happy with the way things are going. I might as well stay with M$ i=
f I can't have a stable OS. Better the devil you know than the one you don'=
t. I really want Linux to survive as an alternative on the desktop for user=
s like me who are not interested in spending years learning to tweak the OS=
, so it does what we want. --gk