[huskerlug] Re: Knoppix 5.1.1

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:51:59 -0500

    The good news comes from bad news, apparently
some of the copies of my 4.0.2, were buggy, and it
does work with the old Nividia card and the crystal
clear sound.  The bad news of course that like many
other versions of other distros the updating is harder
to come by.

Well, the HAL thingy is apparently the new way of
mounting such things as CD ROM drives, etc.  Apparently,
I'm not the only person who has had trouble with that.

Yeah, I sort of want to get the Dell 8100 to work, it should
make a dandy t.v., with the Sony Triniton monitor and
the excellent sound system. Naturally, I would rather use
Linux, especially since Microsoft has moved on from
WindowsME and doesn't update it anymore.

It will be something I'll continue to tinker with.

By the way, Carl, thanks for the info on the Adobe
flashplayer.  ---Jim