[huskerlug] Knoppix 5.1.1

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:30:54 -0600

Gentlemen:

        Before you get too excited about this one, I would suggest you test it
out
thoroughly before you install it on your hard-drive.  There has been some issues
with HAL.  My initial enthusiasm has cooled, though when I get the time I will
tinker with it some more on the Dell Dimension 8100, I have, since it does have
drivers for some of the rather old, exotic Nvidia and Crystal Clear boards I
have in it.
        Some other distros will get experimented with, on that particular
machine.  ---Jim