[huskerlug] Knoppix 5.1.1

        I think I will update my comments on the Knoppix 5.x series. I did try
it out
on an old, and originally very expensive Dell Dimension 8100 computer. While
Knoppix 4.0.2 locked up on it, the 5.x series booted up and ran the Nvidia card
and the Crystal sound system.  Very good!  You have to do less typing when
booting up, it starts up Unionfs and scans for a home directory by itself.
        I don't like the idea that Bibletime at the moment can't be added to
it. It is
missing a library for part of that program.  I suppose I'll have to look around
for an older version of Bibletime to run on this newer version of Knoppix.
Knoppix still appears to be the premier liveCD system.  ---Jim

----
Husker Linux Users Group mailing list
with a subject of UNSUBSCRIBE