[huskerlug] Re: DenverPost.com - "Hi, I'm a Mac. I am way cool."

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 07:30:07 -0600

        Here is another article about Apple in the computer business.

<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2072141,00.asp>

        As Greygeek pointed out, Apples are more expensive.  However,
they are usually much better built than their PC counter-parts. I would
dislike not being able to run any peripherals that I wanted to. Many
times with Linux you have to pick the peripherals to run with it. I have
some things that will only work with Windows, and I'm not giving them up
to just snub M$, much as I like doing that. ;-)

        I am irked that I can't run my old Mustek 600 EP+ scanner in Linux
 even though I'm suppose to be able to do that. Now that does bug me. ---Jim