[huskerlug] Re: A big danger of using Java

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:31:02 -0500

Well, actually that story was about routers which was what I found
before I did a better job on finding the original video about
clickjacking that I saw on clickjacking here:

http://www.tommerritt.com/?p=852

so I don't know if that original story was FUD or not, since it really
did have to do with routers (and I believe Java)

Sorry for phrasing it so sloppily.  I do think I did convey what was in
the original video that clickjacking can be greatly decreased with the
NOSCRIPT addon in FireFox (and what wasn't in the video, or I don't
remember that the WOT addon should help keep you off of dangerous
websites in the first place.  What was in the video is that you should
upgrade to Java 10, which may or may not be easy depending on the
version of a distro you are using?

This problem doesn't look OS specific, is the other thing I was pointing
out.  :-(