[hotreference] Re: local file link

  • From: estrozi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hotreference@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:01:08 +0100

Hi Ricardo! Nice to have you here ;-)

For the Firefox 1.5, add the following 3 lines to your user.js file:

user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "localfilelinks");
user_pref"capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites",
"http://www.hotreference.com";);
user_pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloaduri.enabled", "allAccess");

If the user.js file does not exist, just create a new one (it is located in your
firefox configuration folder where usually you can find the prefs.js file).

best regards,

Leandro.

Citando Ricardo Fabbri <rfabbri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

I'm happy to post my first email to the list. Hotreference is really
getting more awesome every time I log in again.

One of the neat new features is the ability of opening local files by
adding a suitable Note containing a "file:///path/to/file" url.

However, I'm using Firefox 1.5 under Linux, and nothing is happening
when I click on the local file link. I couldn't figure out how to
change my browser's configuration so that I can acess local files
through links. How do I do that on Firefox? Thanks!!

-- Ricardo Fabbri

PhD Student in Computer Engineering / Computer Vision
LEMS - Laboratory for Engineering Man-Machine Systems
Brown University, USA

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.