[homeclinic] Homeclinic'ers, Here's Your DRSNews!

  • From: Dave Harnish <drs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: homeclinic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:48:00 -0600

The DRSNews

March 2005
(Happy Easter!)

Hi Homeclinic'ers!

By Subscription Only
Published by Dave?s Repair Service, All Rights Reserved
You are currently subscribed with email address:
==> homeclinic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe instructions are at the end of this newsletter.

You're welcome to forward this newsletter to friends, and to invite
them to sign up! Just send them to: www.DavesRepair.com
***************************************
A Special Welcome to all our new subscribers!

Note: to ensure this newsletter gets through all the ?spam? filtering
now in use, I recommend that you add my address to your email
program?s address book: drs@xxxxxxxxxx  (In Outlook Express,
just right - click on the subject line, then click 'add sender to
address book')

In this issue:

1) Whirlpool Dishwasher Recall #1 - Motors Overheating
2) Let Ebay Find it For You - Then Send You an Email!
3) Whirlpool Dishwasher Recall #2 - Heating Elements

1)  I hate to devote this much space to recalls, but Whirlpool has
just announced two that are significant and I need to share them
with you.

This first one's a little scary, even though there haven't been
many problems (3 reported to date) yet. As of this writing, we're
'only' talking about some 162,620 units with faulty motors, but I
have a feeling that number may climb - they often do. Wash motors
in these machines have an electrical defect that can cause them to
overheat and catch fire (whenever a manufacturer mentions the
word 'fire', we sit up and pay close attention!)

If you own one of these, Whirlpool recommends that you immediately
stop using it due to the fire risk. Call Whirlpool (t/f) at 866-769-7260
or visit http://repair.whirlpool.com to schedule a free, in-home repair.
You'll want to have your model and serial numbers available for the
call. Open the dishwasher door and you'll see those numbers on a
tag on the left side of the tank, just in front of the door gasket.

Currently affected machines, listed below by model and serial numbers,
were made under both the Whirlpool and Kenmore brand names. Only
plastic tank 'tall tub' models are involved in this recall.

Whirlpool under-counter, plastic tall tub dishwashers
Model Number Begins With:

DU1
DUL
GU1
GU2
GU6

(Only those in serial Number Range: FR2200000 to FR2499999)

Kenmore under-counter, plastic tall tub dishwashers
Model Number Begins With:

665.143
665.160
665.163
665.170
665.173

(Only those in serial Number Range: FR2200000 to FR4599999)

These were sold from June 2004 through January 2005, for between
$350 and $600. They were manufactured in Findlay, Ohio, and their
motors were manufactured in China.

For more details, including color photos of the affected models, visit
the Consumer Product Safety Commission's website: www.cpsc.gov .
Again, Whirlpool's recall hotline (t/f) is 866-769-7260. If I can be of
any help, please feel free to contact me about this.

2)  Tired of searching Ebay every day to see if that old Billy Joel LP
you want is up for auction? Have Ebay email you instead! Set up a free
'My Ebay' home page. Then type the item you want into the search box
and click 'search'. Next, click 'add to favorites', check the 'email me
daily' box, and click 'save search'. Now when '52nd Street' is for sale,
you'll get the word!

Speaking of Ebay, did you know that you can sell (anything!) on Ebay
and deduct all their fees as advertising costs? And that Ebay is the best
source of advertising you can use to generate 'traffic' to your business?
I use this 24/7, and it's the best targeted advertising I've ever seen!
Click here to learn more: http://hop.clickbank.net/?birdguy/silentsale

What? You don't have a business? Do you know how easy that is to fix?!
Here's the best one on planet earth, and you can be up and running in
about 10 minutes! And there are NO physical products to store, handle,
or ship! www.FFSI.com/26556

3) This second rework's not as intense, but is a quality issue, and we need
to find and correct these ASAP. On the Whirlpool and Inglis dishwasher
models listed below, if the heating element is round in shape, no problem
exists. An angular, 'opened pentagon' type element has been used in many
of these units, and has reliability issues. This element should be replaced
as soon as possible.

Whirlpool Model Numbers:

DU1050XTP
DU1145XTP
DUL240XTP
GU2548XTP
DU1100XTP
DU1148XTP
GU2400XTP
GU2600XTP
DU1101XTP
DUC600XTP
GU2500XTP

(Only serial numbers in code date range: FR32 to FR50)

Inglis Model Numbers

IPU98660

(Only serial numbers in code date range: FR34 to FR45)

(serial date codes are the first digits of the number)

Again, if yours is one of those listed, contact Whirlpool ASAP. While
the company hasn't 'officially' recommended these units not be used
until they're repaired, I do. It appears there may be some tank damage
issues caused by this element, so we need to find and correct these
units promptly too.

                                                      ***
Thanks, Homeclinic'ers, for inviting me into your inbox again this month!

As always, if you have any topics you?d like to see discussed
here or covered in an online article, let me know and I?ll do my best to
oblige. And don't forget those testimonials! Many thanks to those of you
who've already sent yours in! I'm posting them just as fast as I can.
I love you guys!

Warmly,

Dave Harnish
Dave?s Repair ServiceNew Albany, PA
drs@xxxxxxxxxx
www.DavesRepair.com
(570) 363-2404

What held Him to that cross? (hint: it wasn't the nails)
"For God so loved the world..." John 3:16

Where to find it:

The Testimonials Page:
www.DavesRepair.com/testimonials1.htm

DRSNews back issues:
www.DavesRepair.com/DRSNbackissues/DRSNindex.htm

How-to Articles:
www.DavesRepair.com/DIYindex.htm

Current Parts Specials:
www.DavesRepair.com/SaleParts/partsspecials.htm

Vintage Parts:
www.DavesRepair.com/vintageparts.htm

Manuals of all kinds:
www.DavesRepair.com/pdfmanuals/manualsindex.htm

You're Invited to My Ebay Store! Come in and Browse!
www.stores.ebay.com/DavesRepairService

***

The DRSNews is sent by ?opt-in? request only.Your name and
email address are held in strictest confidentiality and are never
shared with anyone.

To unsubscribe anytime, (no hard feelings!), click:

Or just send me a blank email: drs@xxxxxxxxxx
with ?unsubscribe DRSN? in the ?Subject? line (But hey, tell me
why, and I'll try to make it right, OK?)

View the Archives at //freelists.org/archives/homeclinic