[hllug] gedit/tools/autocheck spell

  • From: herb cee <hc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HILUG <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:04:21 -0600

Can someone tell me how to reverse the gedit/tools/autocheck spell so that it is active on all documents by default. I kan't figer thet ought. I use it for all my basic writing and paste-up files. A second question would be how to change the file menu history to show the past xxfiles instead of 5. Google led me to dozens search 'gedit/tools/autocheck spelling default setting change' but all say summpin like this.

To check the spelling automatically, choose Tools ▸ Autocheck Spelling. To unset the automatic spell check, choose Tools ▸ Autocheck Spelling again. When automatic spell checking is set, an icon is displayed beside the Autocheck Spelling menu item. Automatic spell checking is unset by default, each time gedit starts.

My guess is perhaps they both could be changed in a configuration file but I have never done that.

Thanks
herb