[hllug] Wildblue satellite Internet Access

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:22:51 -0500

Wildblue is offering one months free service and N/C installation fee
through May 31, 2007. However, there is an equipment cost of $299. Monthly
charges for the Value Pak, 512/128 Kbps service, is $49.95. The Fair Use
Policy (FAP) is based on monthly bandwidth usage. For the Value Pak the
maximum usage is 7.5 GB per month which is adequate for most people.

I have used satellite Internet in the past and would recommend Wildblue to
anyone that only has dial-up access available for the foreseeable future.
However, I would NOT recommend Hughes Broadband (DirectWay) service!

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.bubbasgeek.com

"When it comes to Vista, just say NO! If your not ready for Linux yet, buy
a MAC!" - Lee Parmeter