[hllug] Re: The adventure continues

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:14:48 -0500

wlanoue@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

---- Don Crowder <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > Try Slitaz. It's a 30 meg download. Burn a live CD with the ISO file.
 > Once you're booted from the live CD there's a utility to create a
 > bootable USB version. If the cooking version will boot on your machine
 > go with it; that'll give you much newer software apps.
 >
 > http://www.slitaz.org/en/
 >
 > If you want a larger distro go with Puppy. KateOS is stagnant since
 > they lost their main developer and DSL seems to be stuck in limbo too.
 >
 > Don

Thanks for the info, Don. I'm going to check out Slitaz. I tried to do as you suggest with PC Linux OS, but I only have a 2 GB flash drive. I suppose I /could /spring for a 16 GB 'cause I do use it a lot.

Hadda go find this. Couldn't recall where I saw it.

http://tinyurl.com/yez4545

Did you not ever burn yourself a PCLinuxOS 2009.2 disk? I think I have the ISO file. I'd be happy to burn a copy and mail it to you.

I remember when I had to send you a computer to persuade you to try Linux, now you're distro hopping. :) I'm proud of you Bill. :)