[hllug] Proceeding abeit slowly.

  • From: "Donguitar" <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:34:34 -0500

Just got new siding on the house and finished rewiring my telephone/internet
(wiring on exterior of building had to be removed and reinstalled) except I
can't find my crimping tool so I can't install the eight-pin modular
connectors on the cable which will give me a DSL connection, via the router,
in the back bedroom (my Linux play-station).  If I can find a couple of
ethernet cables in the 3 to 6 foot range I can terminate the cable I've just
installed into eight-pin surface-mount jacks (which I have).  That would
make a neater job anyway but I hate having to wait for one more thing.

I can install a Linux OS without the internet connection but where's the fun
in that?

One of my play-puters has a bad hard drive and I ordered five 4.3 gig hard
drives (got them on ebay for just under $25 freight inclusive) which were
delayed in shipping but they came in yesterday.

So, despite technical complications and severely restrictive monetary limits
the adventure continues....

More to come

Don