[hllug] Potential converts

  • From: WB5BKL <wb5bkl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LIST - HLUG <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:00:27 -0600

My friends, the Tanners, have expressed some interest in Linux after the
usual disappointments with their aging Windows XP installation.

Could our group come up with a machine with a beginner's distro (perhaps
Ubuntu) for a test-drive?  It would need to have appropriate
software/hardware for a dial-up network connection.  I have one of the
old ComPaqs (with Ubuntu 7.?? and a modem) that I could donate, but it
is really pretty old technology and not too zippy.

I have proselytized them about Linux, including the advantages of free
software, inherent security and the near-complete absence of e-mail
viri.

cln
Meanest Man on Emeralds Drive