[hllug] Re: NAS

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:16:35 -0500

paul wrote:
http://www.freenas.org/

Looks interesting....

"FreeNAS is a free NAS (Network-Attached Storage) server, supporting:
CIFS (samba), FTP, NFS, AFP, RSYNC, iSCSI protocols, S.M.A.R.T., local
user authentication, Software RAID (0,1,5) with a Full WEB configuration
interface. FreeNAS takes less than 32MB once installed on Compact Flash,
hard drive or USB key.
The minimal FreeBSD distribution, Web interface, PHP scripts and
documentation are based on M0n0wall."

And then there is "SlimServer on FreeNAS".
http://www.herger.net/slim/detail.php?nr=1026

Looks very interesting. I may have to con somebody into helping me build one of these. Just last night Lisa and I were lamenting our need for common access to images and HTML files.

Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com
http://www.lockergnome.com/eldergeek/
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch