[hllug] Re: Lisa and I will be at the library today

  • From: Lee Parmeter <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 01:22:45 -0600

L.S. Miller wrote:
Interest.

A few months ago I refinanced my house and pulled some cash out to repair the kitchen and bathroom and whatever else we can fix as long as the cash holds out. A good friend of mine is a contractor and was available to do some work on my house which began on Monday. We moved some doors around and opened up on area between the kitchen and living room. As a result there was quite a bit of electrical rewiring to do. This is something I can do as I worked as an Industrial Electrician in the 70's and 80's. So I have been working hard every evening and this weekend to stay ahead of the contractor. Hope to finish up tomorrow with most of it. I am gonna be 60 this year so it is getting a little harder, I am a little slower; but there is some satisfaction in saving the money it would have cost to have a "certified" electrician do the work.

Sorry I missed the meeting, but it could not be helped this week!

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don Crowder wrote:
Sorry I didn't post sooner but we did remember to get the key and we'll be
at the Lakefront Library today.

Don
I won't be able to make it today. I have to get the electrical circuits
re-connected in my kitchen before the contractor returns on Monday. It's a
rather long story but willing to share if there is interest.

-Lee