[hllug] Re: Konqueror

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:28:51 -0500

Bill Lanoue wrote:
I just discovered something that I found cool: While batch resizing photos with digiKam, I was doing some file management with Konqueror. I discovered that the file sizes of my photos changed dynamically as they were resized by digiKam. Useful that? Probably not, but I like it.

...and when you add a new file to a folder you have open in Konqueror it isn't placed at the end of the stack, it's placed in proper alphabetical order as soon as you save it. Konqueror is the best file manager I've every used, bar none. Lisa and I are especially fond of the split, left/right view available by right clicking on the bottom of its window. It can even be used as a first rate FTP client in the split window mode. Good stuff!
Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com
http://www.lockergnome.com/eldergeek/
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch