[hllug] Re: Google Chromium

  • From: "L.S. Miller" <lsmiller221@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:17:44 -0600

I did the complete "immersion" thing, like learning a new language, jumping
in the deep end of the pool.  I've used Chromium exclusively for a couple of
weeks, gathering links for the ezine (and Wavezine).  There's a feature that
Don and I both miss so he's checked out the forums and can't seem to get an
answer.  We gather links when we have the time and when it's time to write
the ezine, about 3-5 days before posting, we routinely open Bookmark
Manager, choose 5-10 links at a time and right-click to 'open all in tabs'.
 Then we check out the sites more thoroughly and write them up.  Chrome and
Chromium have no way to do that so far as we can tell and it's an annoyance
not to have a feature that saves time and effort.  He did write the
developers making a feature request, we'll see where that goes.

By the way, we have invites to Google Wave to give away if anyone's
interested.  It's slow and clunky right now, but it is after all a
preview-not even alpha, much less beta.  It's fun and interesting and is the
new paradigm in communications and collaboration.  Let me know.

Lisa