[hllug] Re: Gmail today

  • From: Stevie <slider2tx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 13:27:21 -0500

Thank you wb5bkl and Cheryl for replying.

I completely agree with you both about Yahoo.  It is very commonly
troublesome for me as well.  They seem to be most concerned with their
obtrusive ad's, which I know helps pay for the service.  I found keeping
Yahoo mail classic + ad and flash block really helps.  Something there
occasionally freezes Firefox though requiring a restart of the browser.
Doesnt happen a lot.  That could be due to the fact that I need more RAM
maybe as Yahoo mail is much more memory intensive than Gmail is.

Gmail has slowed down before, but yesterday was more of a "just plain not
working" kind of scenario.  Could have been the amount of users on their
network as well.

Yahoo has had more of a tendency to lose emails while Gmail will usually
just deliver them way later than when they were originally sent.  Gmail
does, at least for me, seem to be the best working of the two!

Thanx again folks....   :-)

Slider
Proud user of Linux Mint /KDE operating system
http://www.linuxmint.com/