[hllug] Re: Even more entertainment

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:39:36 -0600

WB5BKL wrote:
> And here is the comedy-drama that I mentioned.  The first link is about
> the series and the second purports to have viewable episodes.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Martin
>
> http://www.itv.com/Drama/contemporary/DocMartin/default.html
>
> Obligatory Linux content:  I can not get them to play on my Debian
> Testing (Lenny) machine.

Installing the Moonlight plug-in in firefox on Ubuntu 8.04 (a supported
platform) does not does not enable playback either. Other reports on the
web indicates that moonlight just doesn't work yet. It might work in
MS/Novel's SUSE; at least your changes are better!

I did watch Doc Martin last night at 11:00 PM on KUHT. It was quite funny
in a British sort of way! The town/village has quite an array of characters
 which is an understatement.

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.bubbasgeek.com

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter
"God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy!"
- Lee Parmeter