[hipl-users] Re: Test fails due to use the HIT as a *real* address

  • From: "Jesús Rojo Martínez" <jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:15:17 +0100

Hi!,

No, unless you have implemented multithreading by yourself :) There is now
an uncontrolled race condition between the two daemons.

   killall hipd
   killall hipd
   and start hipd again...

If you have installed the hipl binaries, your system starts one hipd from
/etc/init.d upon boot.

 Mmm, it's more strange than that. Even if I kill all the hipd daemons and
I start hipd (it doesn't matter if I do it directly with "hipd -b" or with
the system start script "/etc/init.d/hipd start", but obviuosly only one
way) it seems to create 2 daemons (and no, I didn't implement multithreading
:P).

 Any idea why is it creating 2 daemons?

--
Jesús Rojo Martínez.
Human Resource responsible BEST Stockholm - Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan

e-mail: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx
phone: +46704369273
MSN: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxx