[hipl-users] IPv4 and IPv6 addresses

  • From: Jani Pellikka <jpellikk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:54:07 +0300

Hi!

I have both IPv6 and IPv4 address assigned with my computer I use to run HIPL
with.

When I try to connect to one of your test servers through a web browser, e.g.
http://crossroads.infrahip.net/ the base exhange is carried out using my IPv6
address. However, when I try to make a base exchange with the same test server
using "ping6 2001:1b:a9be:c6a6:34e5:8361:c07f:a990" command or using the HIT
(and port 80) of the test server in my browser, the IPv4 addresses are used
instead for both Initiator and Responder. Why such a behavior? Am I able to
force IPv6 in all test server scenarios somehow?

Best Regards,

--
Jani