[hipl-dev] Re: Problems with hipdnsproxy on F20 when switching from WiFi to Ethernet

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 00:30:55 +0300

Hi,

Here is the scenario:

I am on my Cell phone's MiFi service so my F20 notebook has IPv6 and
NATed IPv4.  It is painfully slow, but I get the services started:
hipfw, hipd, and hipdnsproxy (messages coming from systemctl later). And
I get HIP secured web access to crossroads.

So I bring down my WiFi adapter (turn radio off) and plug in my ethernet
which provides an IPv6 and public ipv4 address.  I try

host crossroads.infrahip.net

and host times out.  I can ping my dns server by both its ipv4 and ipv6
address.

I try restarting hipdnsproxy and no luck.   Something is broken with it,
in that it can't handle the interface change and change of nameserver
entry from dhcp.  (and RA)

I am going to reboot the box now and test clean on my ethernet.

switching between two different access points seems to work in my ubuntu LTS. Could be something Fedora specific.

Are you using dnsmasq or resolvconf?