[hipl-dev] Problem is in HIPFW - Re: Problems with HIPL on Centos 6.5

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:21:27 -0400

OK. I did that. Stopped all hip services. Stopped ip[6]tables. Started ONLY hipd.

nc now is working over hip. So all indications is the problem is with hipfw. Please recall this is the system I had problems with the libnetfilter modules. I wonder if it is not really there...

I can't get my Centos box (oqo1) to work.  No how.

I have my Fedora20 box (ee900) on the same subnet, so I know it is not the firewall. And ee900 can connect via HIP to crossroads, so it is working.

I run "nc -6 -l 1111" on oqo1 and run tcpdump in another terminal window (I am SSHed into the server from two terminal windows).

I start "n -6 oqo1 1111" on ee900 and see in both tcpdumps the I1 going out, but that is it. oqo1 never sends an R1.

firewall rules LOOK right. Should I try testing without hipfw and ip[6]tables off?

hipdnsproxy is running on oqo1 even though for this test it is not initiating the connection. Perhaps I will run without it for the next test...