[hipl-dev] Re: [Branch ~toxedvirus/hipl/options] Rev 5262: Added functions to convert between compressed (on the wire) format and uncompressed (internal) fo...

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:49:56 +0200

Hi,

On 21/12/10 15:19, Diego Biurrun wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 02:05:09PM +0100, René Hummen wrote:
On 21.12.2010, at 13:58, Diego Biurrun wrote:
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 03:20:52PM +0000, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
revno: 5262
committer: Henrik Ziegeldorf<henrik.ziegeldorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
branch nick: hipl
timestamp: Wed 2010-12-08 19:30:17 +0100
message:
  Added functions to convert between compressed (on the wire) format and
uncompressed (internal) format of host identities.

  These two functions are needed to fix bug 612029.
  Internally host identities are handled within a struct that reserves place
for 4096 bit rsa keys and 64 byte hostnames.
  For transmission on the wire unused space should not be sent thus we need to
compress the host identity before sending it as a message parameter on the wire.
  This is done by funciton hip_build_param_host_id.

  When receiving a message that contains a host_id parameter we need to
decompress it to the internal format. This is done my function
hip_build_host_id_from_param.
[...]
Vertical alignment of the parameter descriptions would make this more readable.

+int hip_build_host_id_from_param(const struct hip_host_id *param, struct
hip_host_id *peer_host_id) {

+int hip_build_param_host_id(struct hip_common *msg,
+                            const struct hip_host_id *host_id) {

What can we do to make you remember K&R brace placement for
function declarations?

This seems to be a problem with the K&R style settings within Eclipse.
I encountered it myself. When implementing the code, indentation was
correct. However, the commit showed a missalignment. I guess, Eclipse
does some indentation changes on save. Definitely worth looking into.

Eclipse *changes* a file behind your back when you save?  I'm willing
to ascribe all kinds of horrors to Eclipse, but this is hard to
imagine...

maybe this is a configuration issue? Btw, one of our students preferred Netbeans over Eclipse.

P.S. Updated .emacs instructions in HACKING according to suggestions from Samu.