[hipl-dev] Re: [Branch ~toxedvirus/hipl/options] Rev 5262: Added functions to convert between compressed (on the wire) format and uncompressed (internal) fo...

  • From: René Hummen <rene.hummen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:05:09 +0100

On 21.12.2010, at 13:58, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 03:20:52PM +0000, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> revno: 5262
>> committer: Henrik Ziegeldorf <henrik.ziegeldorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> branch nick: hipl
>> timestamp: Wed 2010-12-08 19:30:17 +0100
>> message:
>>  Added functions to convert between compressed (on the wire) format and
>> uncompressed (internal) format of host identities.
>>
>>  These two functions are needed to fix bug 612029.
>>  Internally host identities are handled within a struct that reserves place
>> for 4096 bit rsa keys and 64 byte hostnames.
>>  For transmission on the wire unused space should not be sent thus we need
>> to compress the host identity before sending it as a message parameter on
>> the wire.
>>  This is done by funciton hip_build_param_host_id.
>>
>>  When receiving a message that contains a host_id parameter we need to
>> decompress it to the internal format. This is done my function
>> hip_build_host_id_from_param.
[...]
> Vertical alignment of the parameter descriptions would make this more
> readable.
>
>> +int hip_build_host_id_from_param(const struct hip_host_id *param, struct
>> hip_host_id *peer_host_id) {
>
>> +int hip_build_param_host_id(struct hip_common *msg,
>> +                            const struct hip_host_id *host_id) {
>
> What can we do to make you remember K&R brace placement for
> function declarations?

This seems to be a problem with the K&R style settings within Eclipse. I
encountered it myself. When implementing the code, indentation was correct.
However, the commit showed a missalignment. I guess, Eclipse does some
indentation changes on save. Definitely worth looking into.

I will add Tim's Eclipse settings to the repository later on today. Do we have
similar settings for vim and other editors of choice?

Ciao,
René

--
Dipl.-Inform. Rene Hummen, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems