[hipl-dev] Re: [Branch ~hipl-core/hipl/trunk] 3 revisions removed

  • From: René Hummen <rene.hummen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:31:43 +0100

Hi,

I didn't check who made this uncommit, but please do _not_ alter the history of
our main-line development codebase. The major reason, why I say this is that
other developers might merge trunk at a revision that you uncommitted or might
check it out and work on it. Furthermore, I would like to to keep the history
of trunk a unique and linear history.

If you are uncertain, whether your changes will be correct at the first shot,
think about using branches. They are a concept that is well supported with bzr
and they are simple to use. I know, we have got a rich culture of discussions,
but please accept this as mandatory.

Thanks,
René

On 16.11.2010, at 13:37, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 3 revisions were removed from the branch.
>
> --
> lp:hipl
> https://code.launchpad.net/~hipl-core/hipl/trunk
>
> Your team HIPL core team is subscribed to branch lp:hipl.

Dipl.-Inform. Rene Hummen, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
tel: +49 241 80 20772
web: http://ds.rwth-aachen.de/members/hummen