[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 01969 Housing Follow-Up Records Not Deleted >>> Completed

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <alethealymworth@xxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 12:54:02 -0500

Category:  Bug / Operations / Housing

Originator:  Lymworth, Alethea

Issue
Some housing follow-up records are not actually being deleted in the database.
We can no longer see them when we look at the Housing Follow-up screen, but
when I run a  crystal report I can see some records are still in the database.
The export is also seeing these records and including them. I thought that the
database might just need a reindex, but I can't actually reindex my testing
database without getting an error.

In the mean-time any suggestions on how we can "clear" these out of the
database? I need to do a BC Housing export on the 5th, so would like to have a
way to deal with it by then. Just let me know what's do-able. I will find a way
to work around if necessary.

Solution:
From what I see, these values were not deleted. They were invisible because of
an unrelated bug in the housing screen.

The 'view' you see in the grid, is created via a JOIN between HOUSING and
HOUSFUP. The error is that the JOIN is INNER, not OUTER, on fk_lkhsgrm. This
means that if fk_lkhsgrm (client remained in housing) is ZERO, the join fails
and the records do not appear. All the records you refer to have a value of
ZERO.

So, conclusions:

1- The records were never deleted so all the talk of PACK and REINDEX does not
apply
2- For the record, PACK gets rid of deleted records
3- For the record, REINDEX only rebuilds indexes. It has no business removing
records
4- The bug is either a) that the JOIN should be OUTER or b) the 'remains in
housing' combo should be MANDATORY
5- I changed the combo to MANDATORY to prevent this from happening in the
future.
6- If you have access to editing data, you can repopulate the 'missing'
records' fk_lkhsgrm with 77001 (Yes) or 77002 (No)
7- If you can't, we can help

Assigned to: Dagher, Henry
Closed in Version: 3.72.2175

Currently Open ACERs Statistics