[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 01761 Need Start/End Of Relationship. Not Since >>> Created

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <politique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <henryd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:53:52 -0500

Category:  Change Request / Operations / Family

Originator:  Riendeau, Louise

Issue:
'Since' is not exactly what we need.  We need to have from which date to which
date :
From 06-Jan- 2000    -   To 25-April-2007

Solution:
In the specific context of Family management, From/To would not work because
family memebers only appear WHILE they are members (or IN a relationship).
Having an END date for a union, for instance, would not work because the member
of an expired union is not likely to appear in the family under a different
guise.

The problem, therefore, is more about showing a history of relationships AND
doing this between clients and non-clients (PEOPLE).

I suggest we discuss this one a bit further as it is not a simple case of
adding a field.

Assigned to: