[hhrug] Re: Iyonix and NetSurf

  • From: Bryan <bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:17:06 +0100

In message <9b9fbf3f4e.stan.haselton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Stan Haselton <stan.haselton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <c51faf3f4e.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In message <1318ae3f4e.Bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Bryan <bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried running NetSurf on my Iyonix but get the message "Failed
>>> reading Aliases file" - any ideas please..
>>>
>>> Bryan
>>>
>> I believe This is the problem Stan had, Some of the other resources
>> are wrong versions, Redown load the lot including all the other bits
>> it refers to.
>>
>> John
>>
> Hi Bryan,
>
> I can confirm that this downloading of all the complementary bits and
> pieces to Netsurf solved the problem, where previously I had only
> downloaded and installed the latest Netsurf itself.
>
> Stan
Thanks guys.

I remember telling you that I had made the mistake of not downloading
all the components, thus giving this error on Virtual RPC, which is
what both you guys are telling me!

Even though all the components were download last night (I think they
were), we have subsequently just finished the same exercise and lo and
beyold, it works!!

Again, thanks.

Bryan