[hhrug] Re: CGI-BIN and other things

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:00:38 GMT

In message <88ad58ed4d.Bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm doing a bit of web developing and need to generate a form that
> will ask the user specific information.  Nothing too mind blowing!
> Within the HTML I have the FORM and /FORM qualifiers with METHOD = GET
> and ACTION = (this is the bit I'm looking for!) but am not sure what
> to insert here.

[snip]

> Does anybody know where this information might be readily available
> and is it a requirement to have your own domain, or can anyone with a
> little webspace have access to this wonderful code.
>
> Here's hoping,
>
> Bryan
Well on my domain the cgi-bin is accessible from the public-html area
where I put html pages with a FTP client by going up one level and is
part of my space on the server, not the servers cgi-bin which is not
accessible, if I was using a windows server instead of a Linux server
for my domain the cgi-bin would be in the Public-html area.

So if you dont have one in your webspace space you could just try
putting a folder on your webspace called cgi-bin and see if you can
put scripts in this and run them.

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK